....my thoughts and experiences, my aspirations as well as abandonments, my beliefs and doubts..
my opinions and indifferences..

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Squash...anyone?


I am a foodie, but not that great a cook…but that does not deter me from trying my hand at cooking, and sometimes something I cook comes out as good tasting too. I have been cooking for four years now…and I love it. That is why in addition to all the food websites I love to visit, the group Facebook Cooking Club has become my favorite browsing destination nowadays. I am thus reasonably excited about the First Day First Show event in the FB Cooking Club tonight featuring Squash.
We also invited two of our friends over for dinner. The occasion is just the wish to dine together and have a real chat with the friends as we eat..!!!
So, along with the dinner menu that we had planned, the squash recipe got included.
I was excited about puling off the two events together and to observe how it goes. For my kind of not-so-good-cook, the day was certainly challenging….and of much fun.

I am going to share my recipe with squash that I cooked for the Cooking club. It is inspired and adapted from a similar recipe on Betty Crocker’s website. I have made little alterations with the ingredients. The recipe is an easy one and a quickie, too…J..So here we go…

Roasted Squash and Pepper  

Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
  • 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
  • 1 small red onion, cut into rings
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder

1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F, spray one 13x9 inch pan with oil/cooking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients (except the onion rings) in a large bowl and spread in the pan.
3. In the oven, roast for 15 minutes, take the pan out, stir the whole thing well, mix the onion rings now and roast it for another 15-17 minutes, until the squash is tender.
4. Serve hot.)


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails